How to Join
How to Join the 2024 Golden Wave Band:
- Learn More - Check out the FAQ page.
- Complete Our Online Contact Form
- Click Here to fill out the 2024 Golden Wave Band Online Contact Form. This is not a commitment, it's just a way for you to have contact with us and ask any questions or concerns.
- Click on the applicable section links below for further details.
- If you are interested in scholarships, please go to our Scholarships page for further information.
- Register for Band - Very Important Steps!
- If you are new to Baylor, you will see an advisor during your online orientation session in June. During this session, you will plan your class schedule according to your major. Tell the advisor you wish to add marching band to your schedule (MUEN 1102). Marching band rehearses MWF from 4:00-6:00 PM. Returning Baylor students may also visit BearWeb and add the class (MUEN 1102, section 1, CRN:35103) to your schedule.
- Some students have time conflicts in which a course overlaps with a small portion of rehearsal. No problem! In fact, students with time conflicts up to one hour per rehearsal (or three hours a week) may still register for band. If this action is necessary, students should simply ask their advisors to use a time conflict override to add marching band to their schedule. These students should also contact Dr. Odajima to inform him of the conflict. We will make it work and look forward to having you in the Golden Wave Band!
- After you register for classes and receive your Bear ID and Password, your name will be added to our class database. This will allow us to give you important information (music, schedules, handbooks, etc.) regarding the 2023 Golden Wave Band.
- Check your Baylor e-mail for communication in July. Starting in early July we will send e-mails to students who are registered for the class with details regarding the following: 1) the season schedule, 2) process for getting music, 3) pre-season online forms, and 4) information regarding early move-in and Band Week.
- Fill Out Our ICForm
- During the summer, you will receive the 2024 GWB ICForm. This required form includes sizing information for our awesome GWB apparel (dri-fit shirts, shoes, polos, etc.) and initial measurements so we can pre-fit you for your uniform. Check your Baylor email for this exciting information!
- Come to "Pre-Season" (and Early Move-in).
- Preseason (Band Week) starts exactly one week before classes in the fall term.
- Early move-in dates for 2023 are:
- Drumline - August 12th
- Color Guard - August 12th
- General members - August 13th
- Further details regarding move-in and Preseason will be provided once you are enrolled in the Golden Wave Band. Please check your email for updates throughout the summer.
Please be aware - we send all communication to students via e-mail only. Students must be registered for the class to receive our information. If by mid-July you have not received an e-mail communication from us, please let us know so we can ensure we have the correct contact information for you and so we can get you all the appropriate materials!
Thank you for your interest in the Baylor University Golden Wave Band. We're excited about the possibility of providing you with more information regarding the marching band.
If you are searching for information such as the audition process for ensembles, how to get a scholarship, etc., please check on the tabs in the top navigation bar, as most of the information we can send you is already provided within the links of this website.
Thank you and Sic 'em Bears!